Does CBD oil help treat dogs with dementia? While it’s much too early for anyone to answer this with any degree of certainty, there actually is some evidence that CBD oil may benefit dogs with dementia.
Here are some high-quality CBD options with independent analysis:
– Oil: https://cbdmd.t7c9v8.net/XD25X
– Hard chews: https://cbdmd.t7c9v8.net/0LRBR
– Soft chews: https://cbdmd.t7c9v8.net/EoRY2
– Peanut butter: https://cbdmd.t7c9v8.net/6rV9E
CBD oil is getting huge publicity at the moment for the treatment of all manner of different diseases and ailments, both in people and in our pets. The scientific community is also interested, with more evidence becoming available to show that CBD oil can benefit dogs with certain conditions.
Check out this video for information on all the different uses for CBD oil in dogs – https://youtu.be/KnUj9R9Mv3s
So then, what role does CBD oil play in the treatment of canine cognitive dysfunction? Given that there aren’t a lot of detailed, quality studies into the treatment of dog dementia as a whole, you won’t be surprised to hear that there is nothing to say that CBD oil either helps or has no effect. There are simply no studies.
That said, in rodent models of Alzheimer’s disease, it has been shown that Cannabidiol does reduce cognitive decline, reduce inflammation within the brain and actually stimulates new nerve development. It does help maintain brain function and reduce the deterioration associated with Alzheimer’s.
This is important given the close similarity between senility in dogs and Alzheimer’s disease. A drug that benefits human Alzheimer’s patients certainly has the potential to benefit our dogs that are also suffering from dementia.
That is not to say that CBD oil will be appropriate for every dog suffering from cognitive dysfunction. Nor should you ignore all of the other treatment options and management strategies that may benefit your dog.
Head over to my comprehensive guide to senility in dogs – https://youtu.be/hXnKXaTA0pk
Check out all my free downloads and resources: https://ourpetshealth.com/resources
Find my top recommended products here: https://www.amazon.com/shop/ourpetshealth
Get your question answered at http://callthevet.org
Subscribe to the channel: https://goo.gl/CRZKwq
– all opinions are my own, sponsors are acknowledged. Links in description are typically affiliate links that let you help support the channel at no extra cost.
– We are a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
– The information is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only and does not constitute specific vet advice for any individual cat, dog or other animals of any species.